Shapes Toolkit® Programme
A resilience training course for professionals who want to feel calmer, make better decisions and thrive in work and life.
What Is The Shapes Toolkit®️?
Currently managers and their teams are dealing with unprecedented levels of change and uncertainty. They may be struggling to navigate the new ways of working, finding it difficult to maintain a good work-life balance, and struggling with their own mental fitness and wellbeing.
The COVID crisis has forced us all to adopt new ways of working that are sometimes less than ideal, causing us virtual fatigue and making it more difficult for teams to interact and support each other effectively, and causing high levels of stress and anxiety.
The Shapes Toolkit is a breakthrough resilience training course for professionals in which we use seven different key productivity, resilience and coaching tools to help managers and their teams take control of their time and workload, increase their wellbeing and change their response to stressful situations and have better conversations.
It was designed by Dr Rachel Morris, a GP who knows what it’s like to work on the frontline in high stress environments. We have been delivering this to doctors and other professionals in high stress jobs all over the country over the past four years.
This day long interactive face to face training programme can now be delivered online as two half day sessions. It teaches you to use the Shapes coaching, productivity and resilience tools so that you can take control of your workload, feel calmer and be successful in work and life.
Introducing the 7 Shapes
Each Shape represents a simple model that can be used by individuals as a prompt to help them navigate issues of resilience in the workplace, for example, using the prioritisation matrix when they feel overwhelmed with work. They also provide a way to support people with important one-to-one conversations.
As they are visual and tangible, they provide a way for people to speedily identify a way of thinking that will work for a specific situation.
The Shapes Toolkit covers issues that you face in your daily work such as:
- Trying to do more and more with diminishing resources
- Being overloaded with work, not having time to have one-to-ones with the team – finding that the important stuff is crowded out by the ‘urgent’
- Managing difficult relationships between team members and other departments
- Ineffective decision making within the organisation
- Meetings that are inefficient, infrequent and always out of time
- Staff being reluctant to change the way in which they work
The Shapes Toolkit will help you to:
- Prioritise your time and workload
- Recognise when you are heading towards burnout
- Increase your own wellbeing
- Identify and change the things that cause you stress at work
- Change your reaction to stressful events
- Have better conversations with your team
- Take control of things that you can control
- Identify when you are stuck in unhelpful patterns of behaviour, taking the ‘victim’ mentality
- Take control of your own career development